Monday, March 30, 2009

Pot Luck #55 Getting the Most Out of Facebook

My initial and current impression of Facebook is that it is not for a privacy lover like myself. I do not want my image or personal information to be accessible on any website, including Facebook. I created an account previously to fulfill a requirement for a class I was taking. I never deleted the account. It's been awhile ago so I can't really remember what the experience was like creating the account. However, I remember having a negative impression of it, maybe due to the fact that most people post their photos. I wasn't having any of that. And, I pretty much forgot all about Facebook until it was mentioned in conversation by a few people I knew. To my surprise, I few people I knew found me on Facebook and invited me to be their friend. I reciprocated and searched for other people that I knew. It was a simple process. However, another thing that I did not like was that Facebook shows you some of your friend's friends' because you may know them and want to invite them to be your friend. The overall concept is smart. But, we live in a dangerous world. I'm protective of my own and my friend's privacy. I believe I won't delete the Facebook account any time soon, especially since some of my friends use it. However, I believe I will need to remove a couple of people as friends. I'm not likely to log on to Facebook regularly either.

No comments: