Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyong: #53 Finding Books Online

Exercise One



The three closest bookstores to my location are Book-A-Million, Katy Budget Books, and the Bookworm. Books-A-Million has the best looking website. It's orderly, colorful, and professional looking. The Bookworm's website is also orderly. It also has that mom and pop shop feel. However, it's page colors are dull. Katy Budget Books website is b r i g h t! Bright yellow, that is. It has great content on its page, especially the notifications of visiting authors, but it' website is disorderly.





Exercise Two


I found the book Undead and unworthy available online at Books-A-Million. The online price for the book is 15.63. There was not an eBook or Audio version available. I was unable to find it on the other two websites in any format.






Exercise Three

This is not the first time I've downloaded an eBook. I like how the each section or chapter is organized. The problem for me is that if I'm reading a lot of text my eyes get tired. And, my body is not comfortable or relaxed. However, I do enjoy perusing nonfiction eBooks online, especially cookbooks. I have text and images to look at. This keeps me interested. My preference for reading is to read a print copy of work. I'm able to get into a comfortable position or take my book anywhere without worrying about theft, which would be the case with packing a computer around.

No comments: